Stand with Survivors
“We do not want any political interference and military interference in our life. This is what we are expecting. We should live peacefully.”
Please sign our petition to show that you stand with the survivors, and with us, in our belief that Sri Lanka’s fragile peace can only be made sustainable if these demands are met. Those demands are for their missing loved ones to be found, and for the perpetrators to be brought to justice before an international court.
Please support us
- The factual establishment of what took place in the final stages of the war, including the publication of a comprehensive list of the dead, with cause of death where possible, and the names of those detained and those still not accounted for.
- Credible investigation and prosecution of senior political and military commanders of the Sri Lankan Army, and surviving members of the LTTE, for their role in the final stages of the war before a court with international oversight and jurisdiction.
- The absence of the military from the day-to-day life of Tamils in the north and east.
- The return of confiscated land.
- A scheme of compensation for survivors of the war, victims of serious human rights violations and their families, not predicated upon any abandonment of the quest for truth.
- An acknowledgement from the Sri Lankan Government that war crimes took place, and an apology.
- An acknowledgement from the international community that they didn’t do as much as they could have to protect civilians, and an apology.
- The creation of a memorial to the civilian dead, the cessation of triumphalism on the part of the Sri Lankan Government, and an end to the security services’ practice of preventing any public grieving for those who died in the war.
- A fair political solution to the issue of Tamil self-determination.