Recent campaigns and successes
Over the past few years we have:
- Gathered thousands of signatures to help amplify the voices of war survivors.
- Helped secure a UN Human Rights Council mandated international investigation into war crimes in Sri Lanka.
- Published a major opinion-forming report featuring allegations of ongoing crimes against humanity in the North of Sri Lanka, and another putting the wishes of victims at the heart of the accountability process.
- Commissioned a report using cutting-edge satellite image analysis to challenge the Sri Lankan army’s lies about how stolen land in the North is being used.
- Helped secure the release of detained human rights activist Ruki Fernando and Fr Praveen, and – finally – that of jailed mother of the disappeared Jeyakumary Balendran.
- Launched a major campaign around the UK Sexual Violence Conference which forced the British Foreign Secretary to commit to taking action on Sri Lankan asylum seekers